In this post, we will discuss how to pre-render your dynmap. At the end of this guide, your entire world should be generated and visible.
- Make sure all of your chunks are pre-generated. We recommend using Chunky for this.
- Install the Dynmap plugin. Drag-and-drop the downloaded jar file into your server's
pluginsdirectory and restart your server.
- After all chunks have been pre-generated, use the
/dynmap fullrendercommand, and wait for it to complete. This step may take a few hours to finish.
- If you wish to stop the render, you can use the
Once your map is finished, it should look something like this:
What is Dynmap?
Dynmap is a plugin that allows you to create a live map of your world for your players to see. The map can be viewed in any web browser. Adding the Dynmap plugin to your server is a great way to increase engagement with players.
- You should only fullrender dynmap when nobody is on your server. This is because a fullrender can use a lot of CPU and cause some server lag.
- Dynmap is quite slow to render. While it can produce some beautiful views, it may be faster to use another plugin like SquareMap or Pl3xMap instead, especially if you are just interested in flat maps.
- If you are using Pufferfish Host, you should consider setting up a reverse proxy. This is a free service we offer that allows you to show your map on your domain, without your players having to type a port number.
- Fully rendering dynmap takes considerable CPU power, and will be accelerated by allcating more CPU to your server.